Many Thanks to our Sponsor...
From the blog
If you can't do EVERYTHING, start with these three!
Live Podcasting and Dr. Pepper?
Spirited: Prohibition in America's Grand Opening is happening on Nov. 15th at the Dr. Pepper Museum. Waco History Podcast will be recording a live episode of their podcast with some amazing guests while drinks and hors d'oeuvres are served. Mini tours of Balcones will be available for purchase before the event. Tickets start at $30 per person.
Wheels of Waco
Wheels of Waco is holding its first annual toy drive on Sunday, November 17th from 7am to 9am. If you can bring a new unwrapped toy to donate to Mission Waco's effort this holiday season. Also really cool cars!
Vroom for a Cause
Heroes and Harleys are having a party to celebrate our American Heroes on Saturday, Nov. 17th! All proceeds benefit the Veterans One Stop!!! We'll have live music, adult and family-friendly beverages, food plates for purchase, veteran's outreach program booths set up inside, plus a silent auction! Bring the whole family to celebrate Heroes and Harleys at H-D Waco!!!
This week in the news
⟶ Wed Nov 20 thru Wed Dec 18
⟶ Thu Nov 21 thru Thu Nov 21
⟶ Fri Nov 22 thru Sat Nov 23
⟶ Sat Nov 23 thru Sat Nov 23
⟶ Mon Nov 25 thru Wed Nov 27
Graduation Coach - CIS of HoT
Responsible for overseeing case management and school-wide services directly related to graduation and college and career readiness programming through the Communities In Schools of the Heart of Texas program at a specified public school campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruits and assesses students for caseload to determine eligibility. Provides or coordinates appropriate services and activities such as leadership development, community engagement, mentoring, and academic support services. Tracks progress and outcomes for each client and the program. Ensures complete and
accurate data entry and documentation throughout the year. Attends meetings, training, and other required functions of both CIS-HOT and funder. Assists in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships throughout the community.
Respond by submitting a cover letter and résumé to:
By mail – CIS-HOT/Attn: HR Director, 1001 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
By fax – (254) 753-4415
By e-mail – email@example.com
Program Assistant - Casa of Waco
Casa of Waco is looking for a Program Assistant to assist our agency with various administrative, data management, communication and program related tasks. Please click here to view the job description and email your resume to Anna Futral at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
EOAC - Headstart Director
- Among other duties the Headstart Director ensures that licensing standards for Head Start/Early Head Start centers are met and maintained in the day-to-day operation of the centers. For more information and to apply, click here: Headstart Director (Posted 11.1.19)
THN VISTA Community Relations Coordinator
- The VISTA Community Relations Coordinator will increase The Cove’s organizational capacity by
assisting in capacity building and coordinating community messaging and communications. The Cove
exists to provide unaccompanied and housing unstable young people the support they need to graduate
from high school fully prepared for college, a training program, the military or the workplace. The VISTA
Community Relations Coordinator will work directly with community members seeking to volunteer with
The Cove, give in-kind donations or financially support the work. This role also involves coordinating the
weekly communications and messaging for The Cove via social media, community coalitions, newsletters,
service projects, and fundraising events. Click here for more information.
Impact and Engagement Coordinator
- The Impact and Engagement Coordinator (Coordinator) assists the Impact and Engagement team in assuring it meets the Community Impact and Community Engagement goals set forth in UWWMC’s five-year strategic plan. S/he, in partnership with the Senior Director of Impact and
Engagement and Manager of Grants and Impact will have the opportunity to assist with the development of strategic vision, the direction of grant-making, and overall community impact in support of local non-profit programs and initiatives. Qualified candidates should email a resume and a cover letter to:
Karenbrown@unitedwaywaco.org Please list the subject line as: Impact and Engagement Coordinator
WIOA Career Coach
- This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
youth services and intensive case management of WIOA youth customers. This position will be responsible for
recruiting a new caseload of primarily Out of School Youth that is requiring assistance with employment
and/or their High School Equivalency (HSE/GED), college entry, or entrance into vocational training programs.
This position will serve primarily in McLennan County however travel may be required to surrounding counties,
- Respond by submitting a cover letter and résumé to:
By mail – CIS-HOT/Attn: Human Resource Director, 1001 Washington Ave., Waco, TX 76701
By fax – (254) 753-4415
By e-mail – email@example.com
Children/Youth & Family Specialist
- This is a new full-time position for a highly motivated person to help develop and
carry out Children/Youth and Family Services in McLennan & surrounding Counties of
the HOTCOG area, to aid children and youth with special health and behavioral healthy
disabilities. This position office location is at the HOCTIL Waco office and some travel
is involved mostly within the Heart of Texas area, therefore must have own
This position will provide individuals and families services to includes information
and resource, community outreach and collaborate with the community to provide
community activities such as parent support groups, training, and transition conference.
This position is responsible to promote consumer choice and consult with families,
schools and other organizations that represent children and youth to assist in determine
their needs and develop community resources and programs in response to those
needs. Bachelor’s degree preferred but experience may substitute for a degree.
Parents of children with health and/or behavioral needs are encouraged to apply.
(Salary + benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation time
and 15 paid holidays). Please contact us for more information at 254-933-7487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Health Center (FHC) is seeking a Women's Health Navigator
- The primary function of the Women’s Health Navigator is to be a point of direct access to FHC women’s health services for the public, assisting the Director of Programs for Women and Children to increase health care quality and access by improving process efficiencies to promote improved health outcomes for economically disadvantaged mothers and children of McLennan County. The position requires an LVN credential in good standing and bilingual is preferred. Click here for more information.
Part-Time workers - After School Program at J. H. Hines Elementary
- We need a couple of terrific Part Time folks to help with the After School program at Hines Elementary. 3.5 Hours a day/$10 an hour. Please help spread the word! Thank you! Apply at https://www.wacoisd.org/apply. Click on "Current Job Opportunities." Scroll to "Paraprofessional Openings" - After School Helper, J. H. Hines Elementary. (Posted 10.8.19)
Graphic Designer - Seedhouse Creative
- Can you develop a big idea and execute it across a variety of media and platforms, exhibition displays, print collateral, websites, magazines and social media? Do you have a strong conceptual and visual storytelling background? If so, we are looking for you to join our team. We are looking for a talented and creative graphic designer who wants to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment.Certain things really excite us: good copy, crafty use of white space and concepts that demand a second look. We’ve been around for more than 20 years and, although a lot has changed over that time, the one constant is that clients depend on us to drive their organizations forward with creative concepts and skillful execution. Based in Waco, Seedhouse Creative is a full-service marketing firm whose clients represent a wide range of growing industries that includes financial services, higher education, entertainment, nonprofit and retail.If you share our team’s passion for exceptional design, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Applicants must have five or more years of graphic design experience in a Mac environment and be an expert in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) Must have an AA or BA degree in Graphic Arts/Design or a related field or equivalent experience. Must have a portfolio that wows.
Executive Director - Humane Society
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational
responsibility for Humane Society of Central Texas which includes staff, operations, programs, facilities,
day-to-day administration, financial forecasting, and budgeting, human resources, community outreach,
marketing, fundraising, and development in the successful execution of its mission. The ExecutiveDirector will also develop and maintain policies and procedures for all staff functions; ensure fiscal
responsibility for budgeting and forecasting in collaboration with the Board Treasurer; and maintain,
develop and implement major fundraising initiatives through donor relations, grants, and events.
Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help to develop an overall
strategy to achieve HSCT long-term vision. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information here Executive Director Job Description
- At the Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers - large and small - package, transport, and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise. Apply Here
- Receive, process, and track assigned orders through to scheduling. Consult with various internal departments to ensure order completeness, on-time delivery and accurate invoicing. Communicate significant information regarding customer accounts/orders to appropriate internal departments including ensuring Sales Representatives are informed of pertinent activity regarding individual accounts. Coordinate customer requests for product specifications, availability, shipping, quotations and estimates, samples. Serve as a link between the customer and the design, sales, and production teams to meet customer requirements including scheduling production, securing delivery dates, addressing order changes, and resolving complaints. Maintain organized customer files. Investigate and resolve customer complaints including billing issues and escalates to a manager or appropriate internal departments when needed. Manage on-hand inventory levels and reconcile to customer orders, forecast and just in time schedules; this includes taking a physical inventory at month-end. Apply Here
- The RISE Program - Designed to help those looking to take their career to new heights with an accredited high school diploma
Not a Crime to Be Poor: The Criminalization of Poverty in America by Peter Edelman
January 14, 2020 • 6 PM • Location TBA
The Act Locally Waco book club meets every other month to discuss books about issues that we think are important to Waco. For details about when and where we meet, please click here to subscribe to our email distribution list.