From the blog
We all need a good laugh
The Brazos Theatre is back with Virtual Improv Comedy. They took off July to regroup, rest, and recharge. Virtual Improv returns at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8. The show will be broadcast live on their Facebook page, with the help of Rogue Media Network. It’s free, but donations are accepted at www.brazostheatre.com/donate! Here’s the Facebook event page.
Free COVID-19 testing continues
There is free COVID-19 mouth-swab testing this coming week. If you suspect you may have COVID-19, you are encouraged to be tested. Limit of 600 tests per day.
Aug. 13-15 - MCC Highlander Gym - 1710 Powell Dr., Waco
No registration required
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Kegerries art exhibit begins today
Artist Cade Kegerries and his highly anticipated solo exhibition, “Devolved,” opens today, Aug. 7, First Friday, 5-10 p.m. Free and open to the public, masks required. Cade has been making waves throughout Waco displaying his talent in murals, pop-up exhibits, and collaborating with small businesses and entrepreneurs. Chances are, when shopping local, you have seen his work. Get more information from Central Texas Artist Collective.
⟶ Tue Aug 11 thru Tue Sep 8
In the news
Waco Foundation and the United Way of Waco-McLennan County have partnered to create the COVID-19 Community Response Fund to provide support to individuals and families in our community. One hundred percent of COVID-19 Community Response Funds will go to individuals and families in need due to circumstances related to the pandemic. Businesses and community members are invited to contribute to the fund. (Posted 5/29/20)
Heart of Texas WorkForce is helping parents who work or attend classes at least 25 hours per week to find child care. (Posted 5/29/20)
Virtual Zumba Class - Join me for virtual ZUMBA! Dance & sweat from the comfort of your home! Take all 3 classes and get Saturday FREE! Pls send payment and text me your name at least 15min before class. Let's do this 2543075777 ways to pay: Cash App: $amandag254 Venmo: @firstname.lastname@example.org paypal.me/amandagarcia09
Monday 6:30pm- $3, Tuesday 6:30pm- $2, Wednesday 6:30pm-$3, Saturday 11:00am- $3 (Posted 5/23/20)
Jobs & Job Related
- Program Director of Youth Services - The Cove - The Program Director of Youth Services (PDYS) oversees the team of staff and interns that delivers trauma-informed support services to homeless and unaccompanied young people week-to week. The DYS is responsible to create and maintain a culture of Care, Opportunity, Value, and Empowerment among and toward students at all times. (8.6.20)
- Information and Referral Specialist - HOTWAGS - Assists in the management, implementation, and coordination of the information and referral program whose primary function is to link persons in need or their advocates with the appropriate services designed to eliminate or alleviate that need. (7.16.20)
- Call Center Manager - HOTWAGS - Manages the Heart of Texas 2-1-1 Area Information Center which provides client assistance services such as outreach, informing, guiding, and directing individuals to appropriate resources, and gathering pertinent client and service information to make appropriate referrals and follow-up. (7.16.20)
- Chief Financial Officer - Waco Foundation is hiring. The Chief Financial Officer position requires a high level of financial and analytical skills and an extensive knowledge of financial policies, practices, and investment and treasury systems. (posted 7/10/20)
- Senior MAC and Scholarship Director - Waco Foundation is hiring. The MAC College Money Program provides support services and scholarships to graduates of McLennan County High Schools. The Senior Director of Community Investments and Operations and the Director of Communications and Donor Services manage all aspects of the program and oversee day-to-day management of all MAC Program-related activities. The Senior MAC & Scholarships Coordinator supports the directors and works to manage the inquiries about MAC and provide direct services to families and students of McLennan County. (posted 7/10/20)