Jobs & Job Related
Historic Waco Foundation / Executive Director - HWF seeks a dynamic and energetic leader that will work closely with a passionate and supportive Board of Directors to advance the goals of the organization. The executive director will oversee the maintenance and operation of three interpreted historic house museums — Earle-Napier-Kinnard House, East Terrace House, and McCulloch House — and serve as an advocate for history, heritage, and preservation within the community at-large. (Posted 9/10)
Family Abuse Center / Full-time Bilingual Rural Legal Advocate - The Legal Advocate serves as a liaison between FAC and the legal system, assisting residential and non-residential clients as they navigate through the criminal justice and civil court process and access various crime victim assistance programs. Successful applicants will have experience working in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence or the legal field. (Posted 9/20)
- Art Center of Waco/ Operations Guru -If you are creative and inventive, but also detailed and organized, put those skills to work at Art Center Waco. This leadership opportunity will manage our finances, facilities, and functions. Experience and energy required. Email [email protected] with a comprehensive explanation of why you are the person for the job. Make art happen for all of Waco! (Posted 9/07)
- Keep Waco Beautiful / Executive Director - Keep Waco Beautiful seeks an Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities while facilitating its growth and development which will allow it to play a significant role in the Waco Community in the future. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the board to its members, volunteers, and to the community. An excellent Executive Director is an influential manager with the ability to lead and motivate the organization towards the realization of its mission.Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] (Posted 8/23)
- Lake Shore Baptist Church / Pastor (Full-time) – Lake Shore Baptist is seeking a full-time pastor who has the spiritual depth, skills, and experience needed to inspire, lead, and unify our congregation. Lake Shore is a welcoming and affirming community of Christians who are attempting to discover, articulate, and embody the meaning of the Gospel in the world today. A Master of Divinity or higher degree from an accredited theological seminary is required. (Posted 8/13) For details on how to apply, please visit https://lsbcwaco.org/
pastor-search/. (Posted 8/13)
- McLennan Community College / Social Media & Communications Specialist (Full-time) – The Department of Marketing & Communications at McLennan Community College is looking for an individual that assists the department and college in disseminating information about the college to the campus community, media, and the public. Also, this position researches, writes, proofreads, and edits content for various medias. They will curate and manage the college’s social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube. For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board. (posted 8/12)
- STARRY / Director of Fatherhood Services Bell and McLennan Counties, TX (Full-Time) - The Director of Fatherhood Services will manage the contractual obligations for the Prevention and Early Intervention Division of DFPS for the Fatherhood EFFECT Program. This role oversees outcomes and outputs as prescribed by the Fatherhood Contract and serves as a supervisor for staff meeting those expectations. The Director of Fatherhood Services may hold a very small caseload working with father or male caregivers with a youth between the ages of 0-17. The Director role, or equivalent position, will be the primary program contact and will be responsible for program oversight, services, and supervision for the Program.
- Grassroots Community Development / Community Organizer - We are hiring another community organizer. The Community Organizer is a dynamic, solution-oriented professional committed to engaging and developing neighborhood leadership. The community organizer will be responsible for organizing and developing leaders in Waco in three major areas: Click here for more information. (posted 7/23)
- Education Service Center Region 12 has four job openings: Accountant III, School-based Nurse (Registered Nurse, ACE Site Coordinator, and School-based Nursing Grant Coordinator (Registered Nurse). (posted 8/17)
Family Abuse Center / Full-time Bilingual Parent Educator will implement the PAT model while engaging with families in both English and Spanish. Utilizing the PAT Foundational Curriculum the Parent Educator partners, facilitates and reflects with families. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in child development, early childhood education, social work, psychology, Neuroscience or a related field required.
Waco Family Medicine / Primary Care Clinical Social Worker- Join our behavioral health team of 10 LCSWs and 1 LMSW to work at the very top of your license, providing excellent and holistic care. Job description: Working within a transdisciplinary primary care team, provide integrated behavioral health care and advanced care management for patients with chronic conditions. As a highly valued member of the core team, support and closely coordinate mental health care with the patient’s primary care provider; screen, assess and offer focused treatment within the primary care setting for patients with common mental health and substance abuse disorders. Deliver time-limited, target-based treatments such as brief cognitive-behavioral therapy and solution-focused therapy. Common interventions include behavioral activation, problem-solving therapy, stimulus control therapy, sleep hygiene, acceptance-based strategies, psychoeducation, relaxation training, motivational interviewing, and parent training. Advanced care management tasks include pre-visit planning, patient education, registry monitoring and patient self-management training. Additionally, provide care coordination services to address short- and long-term medical and behavioral health treatment goals. Communicate with physician and care team members about relevant patient needs or changes. Identify cost-effective protocols and care paths for improving population health, and participate in developing guidelines for care. FO more information, click here.
Family Abuse Center / Resident Advocate - Family Abuse Center is hiring a part-time Resident Advocate. The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. To apply send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]