Jobs & Job Related
- Communities in Schools of the Heart of Texas is looking for a Chief Program Officer. The job description is here. Applicants can apply at the following link: www.cishot.org/careers. (6/8)
CASA of McLennan County is seeking to fill two positions: an Advocate Supervisor and a Program Director.The Advocate Supervisor will guide, coach, and supervise volunteers as they advocate for the best interest of children in foster care in McLennan County.The Program Director will oversee the Advocate Supervisor team and ensure casework performance and compliance meet National & Texas CASA Standards.Please click here to access the CASA page that includes full job descriptions and application instructions. (6/8)
- Education Service Center Region 12 has four job openings: GEAR UP Site Facilitator, Coordinator for Strategic Initiatives, Continuous Improvement Specialist, and Secretary II. (6/4)
- Summer Jobs—The Arc of McLennan County The Arc of McLennan County is now accepting employment applications for summer program staff to work at its summer day camp for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Both part-time and full-time positions are available for the camp dates of June 14-August 6. High school diploma required for consideration. Program staff applications are available on The Arc’s website at www.wacoarc.org. Please send applications to email@example.com.
- Family Abuse Center -- Full-time Bilingual Parent Educator will implement the PAT model while engaging with families in both English and Spanish. Utilizing the PAT Foundational Curriculum the Parent Educator partners, facilitates and reflects with families. Minimum qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in child development, early childhood education, social work, psychology, Neuroscience or a related field required.
- Community Outreach Worker (part-time) at Waco Housing Authority - Communicates directly with Public Housing residents by phone or by ground visit (per CDC guidelines) to provide health education and/or link residents with the appropriate health resources in the community. The Outreach Worker will contact residents who may need assistance such as the elderly, disabled or homebound. The Outreach Worker may also provide information and referral for health issues related to COVID 19. Qualifications and Knowledge: 1. Social Worker (BSW or MSW) RN or LVN. Applicants that have experience providing health education and referrals in a healthcare setting may also be considered. 2. Valid Texas driver's license 3. Up-to-date knowledge of CDC Covid 19 information on transmission, disease, and vaccinations. 4. Knowledge of health resources in the community. 5. Understanding of health disparities in low income communities. 6. Good communication skills as well as necessity for confidentiality. 7. Good organizational skills as well as ability to enter data into spreadsheet. 8. Good listening skills as well as patients and compassion for residents. (posted 5/14)
- Waco Family Health Center Primary Care Clinical Social Worker- Join our behavioral health team of 10 LCSWs and 1 LMSW to work at the very top of your license, providing excellent and holistic care. Job description: Working within a transdisciplinary primary care team, provide integrated behavioral health care and advanced care management for patients with chronic conditions. As a highly valued member of the core team, support and closely coordinate mental health care with the patient’s primary care provider; screen, assess and offer focused treatment within the primary care setting for patients with common mental health and substance abuse disorders. Deliver time-limited, target-based treatments such as brief cognitive-behavioral therapy and solution-focused therapy. Common interventions include behavioral activation, problem-solving therapy, stimulus control therapy, sleep hygiene, acceptance-based strategies, psychoeducation, relaxation training, motivational interviewing, and parent training. Advanced care management tasks include pre-visit planning, patient education, registry monitoring and patient self-management training. Additionally, provide care coordination services to address short- and long-term medical and behavioral health treatment goals. Communicate with physician and care team members about relevant patient needs or changes. Identify cost-effective protocols and care paths for improving population health, and participate in developing guidelines for care. FO more information, click here.
- Waco Symphony- Executive Director, Waco Symphony Association, Full Time-Exempt, Salary: $70,000-$120,000/year plus benefits. Responsibilities: Day-to-day management of WSA administration, marketing, public relations, fundraising, planning and development and financial operations. Minimum job requirements: Bachelor’s degree, non-profit executive leadership experience (5+ years preferred) and successful fundraising experience in such areas as major gifts, sponsorships, special events and grants. Submit resume with work history references to the following secure email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Abuse Center Resident Advocate- Family Abuse Center is hiring a part-time Resident Advocate. The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. R.A’s approve admission to FAC in accordance with policies and procedures, provide front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed, provides shelter intakes to incoming shelter residents and help clients move and settle into shelter and participates in volunteer training when needed. Other duties include crisis intervention, meal preparation, cleaning, giving resources to clients, maintaining client records, and ensuring confidentiality. For more information, click here. To apply send a resume and cover letter to Whitney.email@example.com
- J.H. Hines Elementary AfterSchool Workers- J.H. Hines is looking for two part-time AfterSchool Workers. Beginning pay is $12.10 per hour. Hours are 2:00 – 5:30 or 2:30 – 6:00, M-F. One of the positions will be temporary (May 1 – May 31.) The other position will be on-going. In this job you will work with children (7 – 12 years old) helping them with homework/academic activities and enrichment activities. You will help the AfterSchool coordinator with meals, behavior management, set-up and clean-up of afterschool spaces, and other duties as assigned. To apply: 1) Send an email expressing your intent to apply and outlining your experience and interest in working with elementary school children to Angela Ceccato at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume if you have one. 2) Fill out an application on the Waco ISD Jobs site. These positions are listed in the “paraprofessional openings” section of the website.
- Waco Lions Park- Waco Lions Park/KiddieLand is seeking job applicants. Must be at least 16 years old. Have several openings for adults. Retirees and Veterans encouraged to apply. Email KiddielandWaco@gmail.com for info.
- Custodians and Cafeteria Workers - Waco ISD Human Resources - Join our team and make a difference in the lives of our students. To apply, visit www.wacoisd.org/apply. Click here for a listing of open positions. Click here if you are interested specifically in a child nutrition (cafeteria) position. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with the application process at 254-755-9410. (Posted 3/19/21)
- Trinity Baptist Church Pastor- Trinity Baptist Church, located in Harker Heights and affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, seeks a pastor who senses God’s call to equip our congregation to worship rightly, fulfill the Great Commission, and embody the Kingdom of God in the community and beyond. We embrace the core values maintained by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and Baptist Faith and Message (1963). We welcome applicants that reflect the diversity of the body of Christ. We believe in the inspiration of scripture, the equality of all persons, unity in diversity, and the priesthood of all believers. In communion with and through the power of the Holy Spirit, we follow the way of Christ and believe every Christian and every church is called to fulfill the Great Commission, share the gospel of Jesus Christ, and minister to the spiritual, physical, and social needs of people and communities Applications should include a cover letter and resume with three references. Email applications to email@example.com. (Posted 3/3/21)
- Counselor II United Way Position - STARRY - Work with families in the community meeting Family And Youth Success program or Universal Prevention eligibility. Fulfill United Way grant expectations. Work to increase equity and inclusion in the Waco office by creating and maintaining community relationships and referral sources. Assist the program in increasing access for diverse populations by educating, empowering, and equipping staff to meet the needs of the community. To apply, please visit www.starry.org/jobs. (posted 1/3/21)
(Visited 20,699 times, 5 visits today)