Click on the name of each organization to learn more about their mission, see what volunteer positions are available, and sign up to volunteer!
*Note: this page is for ongoing, long-term opportunities. One-time opportunities and service events will be listed in the Events page
Caritas of Waco
- Established in 1967, Caritas works to support those in need, with an overarching vision to end hunger in McLennan County with its relief programs.
Christian Women's Job Corps of McLennan County (CWJC)
- CWJC provides free job training and GED classes to the women of McLennan County. CWJC believes in the transformative power of education, and through their classes, encourages women to pursue their goals, grow deep connections with God and their communities, and gain new job skills.
Court Appointed Special Advocates of McLennan County (CASA)
- CASA of McLennan County aims to provide a trained Court Appointed Special Advocate for every abused and neglected child in the foster care system. CASAs act as a "voice in court" for children.
Humane Society of Central Texas
- The Humane Society works to combat animal cruelty and help homeless animals in need. Community involvement is a key part of HSCTX's commitment to maintaining a No Kill Status and educating the community of responsible pet ownership.
Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels in dedicated to providing support services for elderly adults in Waco, as well as the rest of McLennan County, Falls County, and Hill County. MOW Waco delivers meals to over 850 homebound elderly, provides lunches for 12 senior centers, and even runs a transit program in McLennan County.
- Mission Waco was founded in 1991 and seeks to address the systemic issues of poverty and homelessness and to mobilize the middle class of Waco to become involved in the betterment of the whole community. There are a variety of programs that you can get involved in!
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)